Free delivery on orders over £25

The Toffee Shop

1910
The Beginning

Our story began in 1910 when Mrs. Furnass decided to open a small confectionary store just two doors up the lane from where her husband, William Furnass, ran a butcher’s shop at the foot King Street, Penrith.

Her shop was full of antiques, brass and copper, it was a treat. Mrs Frunass quickly built up a substantial trade, as well as dispatching many boxes of toffee to addresses in this country and overseas.